POWELL – Spring is here and to celebrate, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium will host its annual Eggs, Paws and Claws event, presented by Kroger. This “egg-citing” celebration takes place April 14 and 15 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is held throughout the park.
Children can meet the Bunny and have their picture taken with him, see Aqua-Bunny swim along the coral trail at Discovery Reef and watch animals hunt for eggs or another tasty treat. Plus, children can hear fun and furry bunny “tails” at Conservation Lake during Books and Bunnies, presented by the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
Don’t forget to bring a camera for Bunny Bonanza. This special bunny meet-and-greet is held at Conservation Lake. The Zoo has invited some additional funny, bunny friends to greet guests, including: Bugs Bunny, Buster Bunny from Arthur, Mim-Mim from Kate and Mim-Mim, Bunnicula, Little Nutbrown Hare, Peter Cottontail, The Energizer Bunny and Miffy.
The Eggs, Paws and Claws schedule of events is as follows:
- Animals On Safari training sessions 12 and 2 p.m.
- Aqua-Bunny diver at Discovery Reef 1 p.m.
- Books and Bunnies 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. with the Columbus Metropolitan Library
- Bunny Bonanza at Conservation Lake 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Character Ambassador Rolling Celebration 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. presented by Donatos
- Egg Hunt for Zoo Animals 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Photos with the Bunny Apr. 14-16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Times and attractions are subject to change
This weekend also marks the reopening of several daily special guest experiences, including the Columbus Zoo Train, carousel, 4-D Theater and playgrounds. There are also several weekends-only experiences available until April 30, including Keeper Talks, pony rides, Bob Evans My Barn, Discovery Reef Touch Pool, the Reptile Keeper Lab and more. Starting May 1, these experiences will then be offered daily through mid-August. These attractions are weather dependent and may require an additional fee.
Most Eggs, Paws and Claws attractions are included with paid admission or Zoo membership. For more information about Eggs, Paws and Claws, please visit our event calendar at ColumbusZoo.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU