Smart homes: 41% of people already adopted the technology
The market for smart home solutions is promising and nearly half of Americans consider themselves to be tech-savvy, according to ReportLinker’s latest research.
ReportLinker conducted this new survey to answer the following questions:
- Are people ready to adopt smart home solutions?
- What are the main benefits of these devices?
- What attracts people to turn their houses into smart ones?
- And what are the main drawbacks?
Key findings show that:
- 41% of people already own smart home devices
- Consumers’ favourite smart devices are connected appliances (20%), thermostats (16%), security (12%) & lighting solutions (10%)
- 36% of people who own smart homes said it makes their life easier, while 27% mentioned making savings on their energy bill
- Others say the main benefits are the ease of use, an increased safety of their home and the positive impact on the re-sale value of their property.
- Almost half (48%), manage their solutions via an app, compared to 17% who use a wall-mounted terminal and 13% who use tablets.
- For voice assistant owners, the most popular uses are playing music or videos (63%), getting the weather report (47%), or listening to the news (32%).
Finally, for those who are more reluctant:
- 29% mention the high cost
- 26% don’t see the benefits of such devices
- And 25% have privacy concerns about their data.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU