- Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties ReStore will have a flower sale 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, June 23-Saturday, June 24 at 305 Curtis Street, Delaware, OH 43015.
- The Mary Ehm Home Dedication will be 11 a.m. Saturday, June 17, at 93 W. Harrison St, Delaware, OH 43015.
- The Yaeger Family has broken ground on the agency’s first Union County home. Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties is happy to introduce Tammy Yaeger and her three children to the home ownership program. Funding is still needed for the Yaeger Family home, please consider donating by visiting our Donation Page, or mail your donation to: Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties; 305 Curtis Street; Delaware, OH 43015
Preservation Parks briefs
Registration is not required for the following free programs. For more information on parks and programs, visit www.preservationparks.com. Those with questions may call 740-524-8600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, June 17, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday, June 18, noon-4 p.m. All Aboard for Railroad Fun. Stop in at the model railroad open house and watch model trains travel through a miniature village. The event is free and for all ages. Sandel Legacy Trail, 168 S. Vernon St. Sunbury.
• Monday, June 19, 6 p.m. Hound Hikes. Bring a canine companion for a walk with a naturalist. The event is free and for all ages. Emily Traphagen Park, 5094 Seldom Seen Road, Powell.
• Tuesday, June 20, 10 a.m. Little Adventurers: Busy Bees. This is an informal monthly outdoor program with a goal of helping children to explore and become comfortable in nature. This month’s theme is Busy Bee’s. Free; ages 0-5. Emily Traphagen Park, 5094 Seldom Seen Road, Powell.
• Friday, June 23, 9:30 p.m. Hike into the Night I. Discover how nocturnal animals use all their sense to navigate the night and see how you compare on these hikes through the darkness. Free; for all ages. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
Register now for the following paid program:
• Tuesday, June 27, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Colas, Coals, and Cast Iron Cooking. Learn how to cook using cast iron, and discover delicious recipes. We’ll eat what we make. Event is $15 and registration is required by June 20. Ages 18+. Register by clicking on the “Register” button on the website home page. Those with questions may call 740-524-8600, or email email@example.com.
St. Mary Festival this weekend
The St. Mary Parish Festival will be 5 p.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday, June 16-17. Located on grounds of St. Mary Parish Church in Delaware, Ohio, the 2017 festival will be held on June 16th and June 17th. Voted #1 Fair/Festival for 2017. Music on two stages; food and beverages including our signature St. Margarita! Carnival rides and inflatables; midway games; a casino; scrumptious baked goods; Kiddie Land for the little ones; a photo booth, silent auction and more.
Five Early Bird raffle drawings of $100 will take place weekly, beginning on Monday, May 15. Each ticket drawn will be placed back into the hopper for the main drawing Saturday night June 17 at 10 p.m. The top cash prizes are $5,000; $2,500 and $1,000. Raffle tickets are also available through the parish office or from parishioners.
Chamber Event: Business After Hours
The Delaware Area Chamber of Commerce and the Sunbury/Big Walnut Chamber of Commerce invites you to Business After Hours at Tanger Outlets Columbus, June 22, 2017 from 5- 6:30 p.m. Bring plenty of business cards to share. Invite a friend, co-worker, or colleague and let us know you are coming.
Tanger Outlets Columbus is at 400 South Wilson Road, Sunbury, OH 43074.
Call 740-369-6221; No charge, RSVP by Monday, June 19
American Legion Post 457 is sponsoring a Turkey Shoot at the Big Walnut Conservation Club in Sunbury on Saturday June 24, 2017 from 10 a.m-1 p.m. If you enjoy shooting help Post 457 raise campaign funds for Roger Friend, who is running for State of Ohio American Legion Second Vice Commander.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU