The Big Walnut Girl Scouts invite you to attend S’Mores and More at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 12, at Sunbury United Methodist Church, 100 W. Cherry St., Sunbury, OH 43074. Come enjoy a bonfire, roast some marshmallows, make s’mores, enjoy crafts and activities, and meet Girl Scouts! The first 50 girls get a S’Mores fun patch! Learn about Girl Scout membership open to girls in grades K-12 and how to start your exciting Girl Scout journey. Troops are forming now!
Girl Scouts now offers six pathways to start your Girl Scouts journey: Events, Series, Camp, Travel, Troop, and Virtual. The troop pathway is the traditional way girls have participated in Girl Scouts. Troops are still very popular and a wonderful way to be involved, however now there are a number of ways to be involved in scouting. Now, you have your own options and choices about how YOU experience Girl Scouts. Today you have all these opportunities:
• EVENTS: Come on your own or with a friend to events centered on topics that interest you.
• SERIES: Explore your interests in a series of activities without committing to a full year.
• CAMP: Experience the great outdoors at overnight or day camp.
• TRAVEL: Travel across town, throughout the country, or around the world.
• TROOP: Participate in exciting activities that last throughout the school year.
• VIRTUAL: Interact online with girls and volunteers in a safe, secure online environment.
You may start on one pathway and change your mind and take part in another. Or, you may decide to participate in more than one pathway. The first step is simply being a girl who wants to make choices about her own path. Mix and match based on your interests and create your own journey filled with wonderful adventures!
Parents can also find out about volunteer opportunities with Girl Scouts: share your skills, spend time with your daughter and her friends, and make new friends. Find the opportunity and time commitment that works for you! Join us Sept. 12! For more information, email: BWGirlScouts@gmail.com or follow Big Walnut Girl Scouts on Twitter @BigWalnutGirls.