The John Russell campaign announced from Galena a series of town halls that will take place in every county of the 12th District.
Starting on Monday, January 22nd and ending on Thursday, February 1st, the campaign will be hosting seven town halls across a two-week period.
“I’m excited for the opportunity to stand in front of voters and answer tough and thoughtful questions about the state of our district” said Russell. “We’re giving voters a campaign that is built around meaningful conversations about the issues we face, and this is the first step of many that we’re taking to fulfill our promise to set foot in every inch of this district.”
The dates are as follows:
· Monday, January 22nd — Newark | IAFF Local 109 Union Hall
· Tuesday, January 23rd — Mt. Gilead | Morrow County Jobs & Family Services Community Room
· Wednesday January 24th — Zanesville | Newton Township Fire Department
· Thursday, January 25th — Clintonville | Clintonville Women’s Club
· Monday, January 29th — Mansfield | Richland County Library
· Wednesday, January 31st — Gahanna | Columbus Metropolitan Library: Gahanna Branch
· Thursday, February 1st — Delaware | Ohio Wesleyan University
Each town hall with begin with a statement from the candidate, followed by the opportunity for any member of the audience to questions focusing on policy, our government, Congress, the state of the race, etc. It will be a chance for both the campaign and the community to discuss the real issues facing the 12th district.
The starting time for these town halls will be 7:00 p.m., save the Mansfield town hall, which will begin at 6:30 p.m. Each town hall will last between approximately 1.5 to 2 hours, and all seven events are open to every member of the public.