The automotive buyer intelligence firm Autolist.com has ranked Delaware County the #14 most affordable place to buy a car in Ohio in its Q2 2016 Most Affordable Areas Analysis.
The study, issued last summer, drew on over 72 million vehicles and 4.5 billion unique data points across vehicles of all makes and models nationwide, showed that used vehicles in Delaware County were on average $326 less than the Ohio average.
Autolist.com’s study found that there were statistically significant differences in list prices at the state, county and even the city level across both Ohio and the US at large. Results showed that while dealer density predictably contributed significantly to price differentials, other factors did so as well, such as manufacturer community presence and geography demands.
The top 5 most affordable places to buy a used vehicle in Ohio were:
- Defiance County, $822 below the state average
- Summit County, $649 below the state average
- Carroll County, $612 below the state average
- Stark County, $497 below the state average
- Van Wert County, $462 below the state average
Delaware County had its own unique price differences as well. Autolist.com’s study showed that the Jeep Cherokee was the most affordable vehicle in Delaware County, with prices $1,936 below the Ohio average.
The top 5 most affordable models in Delaware County were:
- Jeep Cherokee, $1,936 below the state average
- BMW 5 Series, $1,860 below the state average
- Buick LaCrosse, $1,649 below the state average
- Cadillac CTS, $1,531 below the state average
- Buick Verano, $1,455 below the state average
As a result, there is an opportunity for people to save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on their next vehicle by taking advantage of geographic differences in used vehicles prices.
Information for this story was provided by Autolist.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU