Preservation Parks of Delaware County has several programs lined up for the next several weeks.
Registration is not required for the following programs:
• Saturday, Oct. 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m. “Halloween in the Hollow.” Come to the lodge and explore some of nature’s spooky animals. Go on a scavenger hunt, hike the trail, relax around the fire and enjoy some refreshments. All ages. Shale Hollow Preserve, 6320 Artesian Run.
• Sunday, Oct. 25, 1-4 p.m. “Trick or Treat Trail.” One of Preservation Parks’ premier events. Bring your children, in costume, to collect goodies from characters along the Acorn Trail. Paint a pumpkin and take a hayride. Before or after, visit Gallant Farm across the road for a demonstration on corn shocking. Free; all ages. Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
Sign up now for the following programs:
• Native American Flute Class. Program date and time: Nov. 7, 10 a.m.-noon; registration deadline: Oct. 23. Join us for an introduction to the Native American flute. You’ll learn the musical basics of the instrument, its importance in native American cultures, and a little flute history. The $60 cost covers the instrument, an instructional DVD and class instruction. Ages 12 and older. Shale Hollow Preserve.
• Preschool Park Pals: Playing with Pumpkins. Program date and times: Nov. 10, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.; registration deadline: Nov. 3. Bring your preschoolers for some messy, sensory fun, as we touch, taste and play with everyone’s favorite squash – the pumpkin. Ages 4-5, accompanied by an adult. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• Make It and Take It: Natural Wreath. Program date and time: Nov. 29, 1 p.m.; registration deadline: Nov. 22. Make a wreath out of natural items that you can take home and display for your holiday gatherings. $15 program fee; ages 18 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU