Balance Classes coming to Senior Citizens
By Gary Henery firstname.lastname@example.org
The Delaware General Health District (DGHD) Adult Injury Prevention Program is again offering a Matter of Balance classes in an effort to help older adults improve their stability. These 8-week classes take place at the Center for Older Adults and are completely free.
The classes will teach participants different non-strenuous exercises that will help improve balance. Participants will also have the opportunity to talk with classmates about experiences and learn ways to reduce the fear of falling.
A Matter of Balance is for anyone who:
* Is concerned about falls;
* Has sustained a fall in the past;
* Limits activities because of concerns about falling;
* Is interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength; and
* Is age 60 or older and a Delaware County resident.
A Matter of Balance class schedules:
* Class 1: Mondays, March 3 through April 21, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Class 2: Thursdays, March 6 through April 24, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
* Class 3: Mondays, May 5 through June 30, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Class 4: Wednesday, August 6 through September 24, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Class 5: Thursdays, August 7 through September 25, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
* Class 6: Wednesdays, October 1 through November 19, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
For more information, contact Mitchell Briant, DGHD Adult Injury Prevention coordinator, at 740-203-2054 or by email at < email@example.com >.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices