Makin’ Maple Syrup on March 4
We’ve saved up our sap and will be making maple syrup at Gallant Farm. Join us March 4, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., at 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, for this free, family program. Farm staff will demonstrate how sap is extracted from trees and boiled down into syrup. We’ll be making pancakes on the farmhouse stove, too! No registration required.
Registration is required for the following free programs
These March programs require advance registration. Please note deadlines, and to register, visit www.preservationparks.com, and click on the program calendar and then the program date. Look for the RSVP button with the program descriptions. Questions? Call 740-524-8600, ext. 6, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wednesday, March 8, 10 a.m.
Homestead Homeschoolers: Weather. Spring showers bring not only May flowers, but wheat, corn and alfalfa, too. Learn about weather and how it dictates farmers’ activities. Ages 6-12, accompanied by an adult. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road. Register by March 1.
• Thursday, March 9, 10 a.m. Preschool Farm Pals: Rain. Rainy days may keep us inside, but come learn about weather and why rain is so important. Ages 4-5, accompanied by an adult. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road. Register by March 2.
• Tuesday, March 14, 10 a.m. Preschool Park Pals: An Army of Ants. Take a closer look at amazing tiny ants as we read a story and participate in a craft. Ages 4-5, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road. Register by March 7.
• Thursday, March 16, 10 a.m. Homeschool Adventures: Slithery Scales. Slither in to meet our radical reptiles, and learn what makes these creatures unique. Ages 6-12, accompanied by an adult. Shale Hollow Park, 6320 Artesian Run. Register by March 9.
Registration is not required for the following free programs
Those with questions about programs may call 740-524-8600, or email email@example.com
* Saturday, March 11, 10 a.m. Conserving & Protecting Wetlands. Central Ohio Wild Ones and wetland ecologist Mick Micacchion will share what makes wetlands unique and worthy of our protection. Free; ages 16 and older. Shale Hollow Park, 6320 Artesian Run.
* Saturday, March 11, 5 p.m. Vernal Pool Expedition. Search for salamanders, fingernail clams and fairy shrimp, and listen for frogs that frequent life-giving vernal pools. Wear boots, and dress to be off-trail. Free; all ages. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road.
* Monday March 13, 10 a.m. Story Time in the Park. Join a naturalist as we read The Very Busy Spider, then take part in a craft or other activity. A short nature walk will be offered afterward. Free; ages infant-3, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road.
* Monday, March 13, 6 p.m. Hound Hike. Bring your canine friend for a walk with a naturalist. Dogs must be licensed and up-to-date on vaccinations. Free; all ages. Hogback Ridge Park, 2656 Hogback Road.