BOSTON (May 28, 2017) – The Florida Launch kicked off the 2017 MLL Collegiate Draft presented by Cascade by selecting 2016 Tewaaraton Award winner Dylan Molloy with the first overall selection. The attackman became the 12th player from Brown ever selected in the MLL Draft and the first ever Bear taken in the first round.
“It’s a pretty great feeling,” Molloy said. “I couldn’t be more excited to be helping out the Florida Launch now. I’m moving forward in lacrosse and just excited to play more lacrosse now.”
The Launch made four selections in the first 10 picks of the draft, coming away with Molloy, Syracuse stars Nick Mariano and Sergio Salcido, and Maryland defender Tim Muller, who will suit up for the Terps in tomorrow’s NCAA National Championship Game. Mariano is the younger brother of Launch coach Tom Mariano.
Another Terrapin, Matt Rambo, went No. 3 overall to the Charlotte Hounds. The attackman is a 2017 Tewaaraton finalist and the 2017 Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year.
The Boston Cannons took Notre Dame midfielder Sergio Perkovic with the second overall selection. The Bloomfield Hills, Mich. native is a three-time All-ACC selection.
Among those drafted were:
Pick #, Team, Player, School
9. Atlanta Blaze (From DEN); Jake Withers; Ohio State
13. Rochester Rattlers; Eric Fannell; Ohio State
26. Ohio Machine; Nick Fields; Johns Hopkins
32. Ohio Machine (From BOS); Joe Seider; Towson
35. Ohio Machine; Dominick Calisto; Boston
44. Ohio Machine; Kevin Reisman; Limestone
53. Ohio Machine; Johnny Pearson; Ohio State
63. Ohio Machine (From DEN); Tyler Pfister; Ohio State
65. Denver Outlaws (From ATL); Tom Carey; Ohio State
71. Ohio Machine; J.T. Blubaugh; Ohio State
80. Ohio Machine; Andy Demichiei; Marquette
89. Ohio Machine; Tanner Landstra; High Point
Information for this story was provided by MLL.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU