Connections Volunteer Center, a program of HelpLine, has information about the following volunteer opportunities in Delaware County. For more information or to register visit www.connectionsvolunteercenter.org, call 740-363-5000 or email email@example.com.
- Senior Companion — Help older adults maintain their independence by being a friend who takes them shopping or to doctor appointments, go for walks or play cards. Companions must be 55 or older and able to dedicate 15-20 hours a week. Companions are paid a tax-free stipend and have benefits. Income restrictions apply.
- The Arts Castle – Help needed throughout the year to give group tours, help with events and exhibits, assist with classes or provide building maintenance.
- AARP Tax-Aide – This program provides free tax preparation for low-income taxpayers who can’t afford tax preparation services. If you do your own taxes using a program such as Turbo-Tax, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
- A Place of Warmth — The temperature at night is dropping and it’s time to think about how you can help homeless men have a warm place to sleep at night. Learn about A Place of Warmth. Tues, Dec 4, 7 pm at Zion United Church of Christ in Delaware.
- Kids on the Block – Join this award-winning international education program and help school age children learn about peer pressure, bullying prevention sexual abuse prevention, physical abuse prevention and healthy habits.
- Delaware County Historical Society — Do you like a lively environment with ever-changing projects? Help as an Office Assistant and be involved! Help needed a couple days a week, for a total of about 8 hours. Microsoft Office and basic fiscal management knowledge preferred.
- Andrews House Christmas Cupboard – Bake a difference for Andrews House. They are seeking donations of decorated cookies, buckeyes, baked good including small loaves of sweet & savory breads, jams and jellies, and soups. Drop items off on Friday, Nov. 30 for the Dec. 1 event.
- Turning Point – Christmas volunteers needed for varying shifts December 3-20 at the Marion location to check in and sort donated gifts and do some wrapping. Stay tuned for updates about helping at the new Delaware shelter location toward the end of November and in December.
- Dempsey Extended Day – Seeking volunteers to help with this afterschool tutoring program. Help with homework, catch up on work, with academic assistance and coordinate collaboration on projects. Volunteer one afternoon or more, Mon.-Thurs., 2:40-4:30 p.m.
- Grace Clinic — This free medical ministry in Delaware City is in need of Pharmacists, Optometrists, Dentists, Physicians, Interpreters, Nurses and Prayer Encouragers. Hours: Monday’s 9 a.m.-noon, Tuesday’s 5:30-9 p.m., Wednesdays 5:30-9 p.m.
- Big Walnut Friends Who Share — Join in the holiday fun by wrapping donation gifts for children. They will be distributed to families in need who reside in the Big Walnut School District. Help on Thursday, December 6, late afternoon/evening times available.
- Adaptive Sports Connection – Help provide volunteer-driven adventure opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Snow skiing, kayaking, cycling, climbing paddle boarding, snowboarding, sailing, fishing and more.
- Central Ohio Symphony — Lend a hand an enjoy the fun of the Symphony’s 40th Season at the upcoming Holiday Concerts on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2 and 4:30 p.m. Help with ushering, ticket taking, or at the handicapped entrance,
- Strand Theatre & Cultural Arts – Movies are magic and The Strand is a magical place that has been in the Delaware Community for 101 years! Keep the magic alive by volunteering.
- City of Dublin – The Veterans Day Ceremony is on Monday, Nov. 12, help local Veterans with parking, assist those who use wheelchairs or just need an extra helping hand. Program Assistant for art classes for children also needed. Help with Letters to Santa and holiday games at the Tree lighting on Thursday, Nov. 29.
Founded in 1996, Connections coordinates the referral and placement of volunteers for more than 70 different agencies who offer more than 200 volunteer opportunities. In the past year, Connections matched over 1,300 volunteers who engaged in almost 20,000 hours of service to the community. An affiliate of HelpLine, Connections core services are partially funded by United Way of Delaware County and SourcePoint.
HelpLine of Delaware and Morrow Counties, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization that provides a 24-hour support and information line, prevention education and serves as the area’s only volunteer center. Committed to empowering people through knowledge, support and resources, HelpLine responds to the emotional, financial and informational needs of the Delaware and Morrow County communities. HelpLine is a contract provider of the Delaware-Morrow Mental Health & Recovery Services Board and partially funded by the SourcePoint. A United Way partner Agency, HelpLine is accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, National Alliance of Information & Referral Systems and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health. For more information, please visit: www.HelpLinedelmor.org.