Just in time for the holidays, CATCO is Kids will present a whimsical reinvention of Dickens’ most beloved Christmas story, A Christmas Carol, in wacky rhymed couplets and creative word play. Featuring zoot-fruited juices and binka bird geese, and characters including Bed-Headed Fred and Timmy Loo Hoo, this tale of glorious holiday cheer is similar to something Dr. Seuss might have come up with if he ever had his way with the story.
“If you and your family enjoyed the CATCO 2015-16 season opener, The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet, you won’t want to miss A Seussified Christmas Carol,” said Joe Bishara, CATCO associate producing director. Both in-the-spirit-of-Dr. Seuss plays, written by Peter Bloedel, appeal to adults and kids alike, and are a fun-filled introduction to a beloved holiday classic, he said.
The regional premiere of A Seussified Christmas Carol will be presented at the Van Fleet Theatre, Columbus Performing Arts Center, 549 Franklin Ave. Dec. 2-11. The all-kids show will feature 21 central Ohio youths, and tickets are $10 each.
For more information about A Seussified Christmas Carol and hands-on activities to do with children before attending the play, CATCO is Kids has a play guide available at www.catcoistheatre.org <http://www.catcoistheatre.org> or by clicking this link:
In addition, for any interested patrons attending A Seussified Christmas Carol, CATCO is Kids is accepting new and unwrapped donations of socks, books, Crayons, markers, puzzles or small cars or trucks for Hilltop Preschool serving at-risk 3- to 5-year-olds. Patrons should turn in their donations at a table in the concessions area, and in exchange they will receive a $10 ticket voucher for CATCO is Kids’ upcoming production of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Jan. 13-22, 2017.
Performing in A Seussified Christmas Carol are the following central Ohio youths:
- Dean Alkire, (Belle’s Husband, A Boy, and various roles), Mount Sterling
- Angela Baldasare, (Jake Marley and various roles), Clintonville
- Katelyn Baughman, (The Scrooge), Crooksville
- Jillian Cline, (Sven, The Ghost of Christmas Future), Hilliard
- Lucas Cloran, (Voice at Party #3, Old Fezziwig, and various roles), Hilliard
- Anna Cochrane, (Bed-Headed Fred’s Wife and various roles), Westerville
- Macayla Core, (Ghost of Christmas Past), New Albany
- Emma Edwardson, (Mrs. Cratchit and various roles), Powell
- Helena Engberg, (Belle and various roles), Lewis Center
- Sofia Feinberg, (A Maid and various roles), New Albany
- Lilliana Garcia, (Solicitor #1 and various roles), Delaware
- Madelynn Halpin (Voice at Party #2 and various roles), Bexley
- Elliot Hattemer, (Bed-Headed Fred and various roles), Upper Arlington
- Lexi Kepling, (Narrator #2), New Albany
- Krystyn Norris, (Ghost of a Christmas Present), Hilliard
- Tyler Norris, (Young Scrooge and various roles), Hilliard
- Abbie Oglibee, (Narrator #1), Powell
- Lindsey Parker, (Solicitor #2, Voice at Party #4, and various roles), Pickerington
- Sophie Reilly (Voice at Party #1 and various roles), Powell
- Emma Shachter, (Timmy Loo Hoo and various roles), Hilliard
- Nick Sanchez-Zarkos, (Bob Cratchit and various roles), Powell
Show times for A Seussified Christmas Carol are Friday, Dec. 2 and Dec. 9, at 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 3 and Dec. 10, at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.; and Sunday, Dec. 4 and Dec. 11, at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door and at the Ohio Theatre Ticket Office, 39 S. State St.; they can also be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets, and www.ticketmaster.com.
Patrons interested in purchasing tickets by telephone can call 614-469-0939. The box office will open two hours before show time.
Information for this story was provided by CATCO is Kids.