COLUMBUS — The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) will be conducting six stakeholder meetings throughout the state regarding the development and adoption of administrative rules as required by recently-enacted House Bill 26 (Transportation/Public Safety Budget).
These meetings will provide the opportunity for all interested parties – the public, deputy registrars, their staff – to discuss the content of and make recommendations for the following items:
- Adoption of rules establishing fees for programs to enhance convenience and availability.
- Adoption of rules to set the basic deputy registrar transaction fees which are to be no higher than $5.25.
- Adoption of rules permitting nonprofit corporations operating deputy registrar agencies to advertise a specified amount of proceeds collected go to a specified charitable organization or cause.
- Adoption of rules regarding the use of vending machines for deputy registrar agencies not operated by a County Auditor or County Clerk of Court.
- Adoption of rules establishing standards to sell advertising rights to third party businesses at deputy registrar agencies not operated by a County Auditor or County Clerk of Court.
Location, dates, and times for stakeholder meetings are located below:
- Crossroads Library, 63500 Byesville Rd, Cambridge, OH 43725 (Thursday, June 1, 1-3 p.m.)
- District 3 Field Office, 2950 E. Crescentville Rd., West Chester, OH 45069 (Tuesday, June 13, 1-3 p.m.)
- Hancock County Vehicle Ctr., 8210 County Rd. 140, Findlay, OH 45840 (Thursday, June 8, 1-3 p.m.)
- Ocasek Building, 161 South High St., Akron, OH 44308 (Wednesday, June 14, 1-3 p.m.)
- ODNR District 4 HQ, 360 East State St., Athens, OH 45701 (Thursday, June 22, 1-3 p.m.)
- ODOT Auditorium, 1980 West Broad St., Columbus, OH 43223 (Thursday, June 29, 1-3 p.m.)
Once again, stakeholder meetings are open to deputy registrars, their staff, and the general public. Appropriate time will be allotted for each item listed to be fully discussed.