The State of Ohio is known as the “Cradle of Presidents.” With eight men elected to the American Presidency, Ohio claims the most presidents. Join the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board (CSRAB) for a family-friendly celebration of all dads, including the fathers of the United States who have called Ohio home. The event will take place Sunday, June 18, 2017 from 12 to 3 p.m. at the Ohio Statehouse. The event is free and open to the public.
CSRAB has partnered with the presidential sites that call Ohio home. The schedule of events is as follows:
- 12, 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Free tours of the Ohio Statehouse begin at the top of the hour in the Map Room
- 12 to 3 p.m. Selfie photo booth in the Rotunda
- James A. Garfield National Park Site: information table
- Harding Home Presidential Site: activity/information table
- Harrison/Symmes Memorial Foundation: activity/information table, Mrs. Harrison historic interpreter
- Hayes Presidential Library and Museum: activity/information table
- McKinley Presidential Library and Museum: activity/information table
- Ulysses S. Grant Homestead Association: activity/information table
- 12:30 and 2 p.m. Special Ohio POTUS tour featuring the presidential hearing rooms and governor’s ceremonial Ohio Statehouse office; these spaces are not typically open to the public for tours
Head to the Ohio Statehouse Sunday, June 18, 2017 to learn about Ohio’s special place in the history of the American Presidency.