Preservation Parks of Delaware County has announced February programs that require advance registration.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-524-8600, Ext. 6.
The programs include:
• “Preschool Park Pals: Nuts for You!” on Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Participants will discover the different squirrel species that live in Ohio. Finish the program by making a “squirrelly” Valentine’s Day card. Register by Feb. 2. Ages 4 and 5, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.
• “Homeschool Adventures: Novelty Nose” on Thursday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m. Participants will explore the life of an American black bear through activities and interesting facts. Get the chance to touch bear fur and see a bear skull. Register by Feb. 11. Ages 6-12, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park.
• “Waste Not, Want Not: Mosaics” on Saturday, Feb. 20, at 2 p.m. Participants will utilize broken dishware to make fun and creative mosaics. If you have pieces of a favorite dish that you would like to incorporate into a mosaic, bring it along. Five-dollar materials fee; register by Feb. 13. Ages 12 and up. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• “Chilly Chimes” on Saturday, Feb. 27, from noon to 3 p.m. After a winter hike, participants will enjoy hot cocoa, and make winter wind chimes to take home. Preservation Parks volunteer Bob Grossman will add to the afternoon with his Native American flute. Five-dollar materials fee per wind chime. Register by Feb. 20. All ages. Deer Haven Park.
The following free program does not require advance registration:
• “After Groundhog Day, Winter Ramble” on Saturday, Feb. 6, at 1 p.m. Join us for a potentially snowy walk as we traverse the woods and meadows. After our walk, participants will enjoy hot drinks in front of the shelter fireplace. Ages 21 and up. Emily Traphagan Park, 5094 Seldom Seen Road, Powell.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.