Join Preservation Parks of Delaware for the following March programs, which require advanced registration.
Note registration deadlines and email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 740-524-8600, Ext. 6.
• Sunday, March 6, 1 p.m. Rockin’ Terrariums. See how rocks, soil and charcoal stack up to create a successful and beautiful natural centerpiece, and learn how to care for it. There is a $10 materials fee, and participants should bring their own jars. Ages 18 and up. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware. Register by Feb. 28.
• Tuesday, March 8, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Preschool Park Pals: Rascally Rabbits. We’ll have a hopping good time learning about rabbits and how their big ears and big teeth help them survive in the wild. A domestic rescued rabbit will visit during the program. Ages 4 & 5, accompanied by an adult. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware. Register by March 1.
• Thursday, March 17, 10 a.m. Homeschool Adventures: Vernal Pool Safari. The annual cycle of these tiny wetlands supports a host of fascinating creatures. If the weather is cooperative, we will hike to a small vernal pool to search for the many animals that live there. Be prepared to get muddy and wet. Ages 6-12. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware. Register by March 12.
The following free programs do not require advance registration:
• Sunday, February 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Maple Syrup Time. Learn how maple sap is extracted from trees and cooked down into syrup. While there, stop in our nice warm 1930s farmhouse, and explore the barn and implement building. This is a weather-dependent program; watch for updates on our Facebook page and website. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
• Monday, February 29, 9 a.m. Story Time in the Park. Bring your little one to enjoy a nature-themed story, and to sing a song. Help your child discover the wonders of the natural world. Ages infant-3. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.