Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities held its annual Lifetime of Giving Awards on Wednesday (March 1) at Willow Brook at Delaware Run. The awards recognized community members who have positively impacted the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
“DCBDD’s mission is to inspire, empower, and support people to achieve their full potential. And that is exactly why we are here tonight — because everyone in this room has inspired, empowered, and supported people in our community,” said Kristine Hodge, DCBDD superintendent.
The winners were:
• The Outstanding Community Partner Award went to Dick Brulotte of the evening Kiwanis group. This award goes to a person or organization that directly contributes to the success of individuals with developmental disabilities without reimbursement from DCBDD.
• The Outstanding Employer Award went to Chad Aleshire of Delaware County Facilities for assisting one of his employees with communication barriers and allowing them to have independence in their job.
• The Outstanding Therapist Award was given to Julie Hobbs, who goes above and beyond in her role as a therapist.
• The Outstanding Advocate Award was won by Rochelle Rensch, who has empowered multiple families in Delaware County to be strong, compassionate advocates for themselves.
• The Outstanding Teacher Award went to Jody Stultz, a fourth grade teacher at Conger Elementary. This award goes to a teacher whose dedication, professionalism, and work in the classroom has significantly impacted and enhanced the lives of students with disabilities.
• The Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Olentangy Liberty High School’s football team for their work with Special Olympics of Delaware County’s track team.
• New for this year, the Lifesaver Award recognized providers who used lifesaving measures on someone they serve. The recipients were Alison Humphreys, Kim Roberts, Sam Thornley, and Brittany Wise.
• The Nancy Richards Self-Advocate of the Year Award was won by Ashley Leahy. The award is given to a person with a disability who effectively advocates for themselves.
Information for this story was provided by DCBDD.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU