The guide to Preservation Parks of Delaware County’ fall programs is now available.
Covering September through November, the guide is available online, at www.preservationparks.com.
To receive a copy by mail or email, addresses can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The parks district has programs planned. They include:
• Preservation Parks presents an evening for the family, with the “Paper Moon Photo and Dance” on Aug. 21. The free event, to be from 6 to 9 p.m. at Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road near Delaware, will include complimentary photos taken as families pose on a paper moon (sailing over a cardboard sea). The evening also includes music and dancing in a 1930s farm setting.
Reservations are not required, and the event is for all ages. For more information, call 740-524-8600, Ext. 6.
• “Hike for Health,” Saturday, Aug. 15, 10 a.m. A healthy hike at Char-Mar Ridge Preserve, 7741 Lewis Center Road, Westerville. The hike is free.
• “Cover Crops,” Saturday, Aug. 15, 2 p.m. Cover crops, used by farmers and gardeners alike, can protect soil from erosion, choke out weeds, and add nutrients to the soil. See some examples, and learn how they can be used on a small scale in the home garden. All ages. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road. Free.
• “Habitat Happenings: Prairies.” Sunday, Aug. 16, 2 p.m. Participants will use hands-on activities to discover the characteristics of a prairie habitat. All ages. Blues Creek Preserve, 9627 Fontanelle Road, Ostrander. Free.
• “A Bee or Not a Bee …” Wednesday, Aug. 19, 6:30 p.m. Stratford Ecological Center’s apiarist will present a look into the world of bees, wasps and hornets. Ages 8 and older. Deer Haven Preserve, 4183 Liberty Road. Free.
Information for this story was provided by Preservation Parks of Delaware County.