Members of the Genoa Township Neighborhood Coalition, an organization of local citizens and community leaders who collaborate and solve key community issues, will hold an open meeting at 9 a.m. this Saturday, Sept. 12, at the Genoa Township Hall.
Headed by president Dorothy Driskell, Genoa’s neighborhood coalition members include representatives from township homeowners’ associations, condominium associations and civic associations within the township; however, coalition organizers said members of the general public are welcome and encouraged to attend coalition meetings.
Despite having been on a brief hiatus the past several months, Driskell said the coalition is eager to re-launch and continue its mission of serving the community.
Saturday’s topics will include:
• Tornado sirens.
• Utility aggregation.
• Genoa Township’s bicentennial on June 15, 2016.
• A Delaware County update from county commissioner and former Genoa Township Trustee Barb Lewis.
• Updates from Genoa Township department heads.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9.
In other township news:
• State Rep. Margaret Ann Ruhl will hold Genoa office hours from 2 to 4 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 14.
• Township residents have received, or will be receiving, letters from Trebel LLC on behalf of Genoa Township in regards to an October town hall meeting about utility aggregation.
A date error in the letter states that the meeting is being held on Monday, Oct. 14. The correct meeting date is Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 6 p.m. in the Genoa Township Hall, 5111 S. Old 3C Highway.
Township trustees ask that any questions about the utility aggregation town hall meeting be directed to Scott Belcastro, Trebel LLC, at 877-861-2772, or by logging on to trebelllc.com.
• Members of the Genoa Township Parks Advisory Board have changed the location of its Oct. 7 meeting. The meeting will now be at 7 p.m. at Freeman Park, 6460 Freeman Road.
In the event of inclement weather that evening, the Parks Advisory Board meeting will be held indoors at the Genoa Township administration building.
An updated list of Genoa Township meetings and activities is available on the township website at genoatwp.com.
Reporter Lenny C. Lepola can be reached at 614-266-6093