From the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office:
- Road was CLOSED indefinitely in both directions at 3322 E. Powell Rd due to sinkhole. This is west of Bale Kenyon and east of Walker Wood. The road was subsequently reopened Monday afternoon, July 10.
- UPDATE: Missing 91-year old woman with dementia found safely in Genoa Twp area late Friday afternoon (July 7). Thanks for all the retweets!
Ulery Road closing for work
The Delaware County Engineer’s Office reports that Ulery Road in Porter Township will be closed for 12 days due to construction work. The road will be shut down July 17-28 as crews conduct a culvert replacement project. The stretch of Ulery Road between Trimmer Road and Olive Green Road will be closed.
Senior meeting Thursday
Ostrander Seniors will be meeting at 4 p.m. Thursday, July 14 at Der Dutchman. Local seniors are invited to enjoy good food and fellowship.
4-H garage sale July 14-15
The Delaware County 4-H garage sale is planned for July 14-15 and the county fairgrounds. The sale will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the junior fair building. Donations for the sale will be accepted at the junior fair building from 3 to 8 p.m. each day July 10-12. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DACC Board meets July 20
The Delaware Area Career Center Board of Education will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 20 at the South Campus, 4565 Columbus Pike. Meeting agendas are posted on the DACC website www.delawareareacc.org.
Lupus support group to meet
The Lupus Foundation of America, Greater Ohio Chapter will host its monthly Westerville lupus support group on Tuesday, July 18 at Donato’s Pizza, 861 N. State St., from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For information, contact the foundation toll-free at 888-NO-LUPUS or visit www.LupusGreaterOhio.org.
Cheshire Road closed for construction
The Delaware County Engineer reports that part of Cheshire Road will be closed until Tuesday, Aug. 15 for a construction project. The stretch of Cheshire from Tara Glen Drive to Gregory Road will be closed to traffic during the road-widening project, which is being conducted by Park Enterprise Construction.
Construction on Section Line Road
The Delaware County Engineer said South Section Line Road between U.S. 42 and Airport Road will be closed Monday, July 10 through Friday, July 14 for concrete repairs. For information, call 740-833-2400 or visit www.co.delaware.oh.us/engineer/RoadClosures/projectpg.asp.
U.S. 23-Hills Miller work to end July 20
The estimated completion date of the U.S. 23 and Hills Miller Road intersection project is now July 20. The postponement is due to private utility company delays relocating gas utility lines. The Hills Miller Road closure from U.S. 23 to Bruce Road will remain in place until July 20, as well. Traffic is being detoured utilizing Coover Road and Troy Road.
Recreation Unlimited 2017 Safety Day
Recreation Unlimited’s 2017 Safety Day will be held on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. until noon. Delaware County Emergency Management is proud to coordinate this event for campers with special needs.
Recreation Unlimited is located at 7700 Piper Road, Ashley in northeast Delaware County. Recreation Unlimited Executive Director Paul Huttlin first contacted Emergency Management in 2002 about coordinating a safety event for their campers.
Recreation Unlimited is a very unique and special place that provides year-round programs for adults and children with physical and cognitive disabilities and health issues.
Many of our partner agencies participate each year to provide safety and preparedness information to the campers and staff. This event is designed to encourage the campers to interact with various types of emergency response personnel, vehicles and equipment that may come to their home in an emergency. During this event, emergency and first responders have a chance to tour the camp to aid with their familiarization of the facility.
Approximately 100-120 of their campers participate each year.
Preservation Parks briefs
Registration is not required for the following free programs. For more information on parks and programs, visit www.preservationparks.com. Those with questions may call 740-524-8600, or email email@example.com.
· Thursday, July 13, 5-8 p.m. Open Archery. Have you ever wanted to try shooting a bow and arrow? Come try your hand at shooting a Genesis bow. Mini bows are available for kids as young as six. Free, ages 6+, children must be accompanied by an adult. No reservations required. Deer Haven Park, 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware
· Thursday, July 13, 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday Evening Concert Series. Enjoy music in the great outdoors at beautiful Gallant Woods Park. Tonight, we present “Ali Ryerson and Trombone Plus.” Bring a lawn chair or blanket and feast by food truck. Free admission and parking. No reservations necessary. No alcohol please. Free, all ages. Gallant Woods Park, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware
· Friday, July 14, 7 p.m. Folk Songs Around the Fire. Bring a musical instrument – or just your voice – and some songs to share for a night of music around the fire. Listeners welcome. Free, all ages. No reservations required. Gallant Farm, 2150 Buttermilk Hill Road, Delaware.
· Saturday, July 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and Sunday, July 16, noon-4 p.m. All Aboard for Railroad Fun. Visitors can watch model trains (in HO scale) travel through a miniature village, during these monthly open houses hosted by the Delaware County Model Railroaders Group. Visitors also can learn about the history of railroading in America. Sandel Legacy Trail, 168 S. Vernon St., Sunbury.
2017 Jazz At The Amp
A free jazz series, Jazz at the Amp, takes place Saturdays in July and August in the Westerville Amphitheater at Alum Creek Park, 221 W. Main St. in Westerville.
At 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 15, is local fusion band NexLevel, followed by former Rippingtons saxophonist Jeff Kashiwa at 7:15 p.m.
Remaining concerts in the series are: July 29, Tommy Wade Orchestra at 4:30 p.m., Rick Brunetto Orchestra at 6:30 p.m.; Aug. 5, local bassist Mac Flava at 6:30 p.m., guitarist Matt Marshak at 7:15 p.m.; Aug. 12, saxophonist Deon Yates at 6:30 p.m., trumpeter Cindy Bradley at 7:15 p.m.; Aug. 19, Nini Love’s JazzySide Quintet at noon, Tim Dvorkin Quartet at 1:15 p.m., Rendition at 2:30 p.m., vocalist Nichole Davis at 3:45 p.m., Deeptones at 5 p.m., saxophonist Paul Taylor at 6:30 p.m.