The Sunbury News welcomes and encourages civic and fraternal organizations, school groups and clubs, churches and nonprofit organizations to submit notices and news releases about their events and meetings for publication, as well as news and news tips.
We ask those sending notices to follow these guidelines:
- Due to production schedules and vacations, news releases (with or without photographs) should be sent at least two weeks in advance of the event to ensure it appears in print. Both the name and telephone numbers of the person submitting the material must be included.
- To ensure receipt, releases should be emailed directly to Managing Editor Gary Budzak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters or hand-delivered material may be submitted, but there is no guarantee they will run.
- The weekly newspaper is put together on Tuesday mornings. If a release is received after noon on Tuesday, there is no guarantee it will run in print on Thursday.
- Use of a text attachment is not required. Text can be pasted into the body of the email.
- Submitted photographs should preferably be in the .jpg (pronounced “JPEG”) format, with a resolution of 200 dots per inch but not exceeding 300 dpi. All persons appearing in a photograph must be identified in the email, from left-to-right.
- If another photographic format is sent, it may not reproduce as well in print. There is no guarantee a non-.jpg file will appear in print.
- All releases are subject to editing. In some cases, an additional story may be written.
Questions? Please call the newsroom at 740-413-0906.
Thank you for being a part of The Sunbury News!