“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”
— John Wooden
Weight Room Updates
- Beginning on Friday, January 12th and continuing each Friday throughout the rest of the school year, The Warrior Workout will be held at 6:00 am in the main gym. This training session will be open to both male and female athletes who are looking to improve their training capacity along with speed and agility. Each training session will last roughly between 45 and 60 minutes. For more information, feel free to reach out to Coach Rittgers.
- On Fridays, the weight room will be open to any staff member from 9:30 am till 11:00 am. Any staff member that is wanting to begin a training program is encouraged to reach out to Coach Rittgers for further details.
- Keith Pace, a senior at Otterbein University, will begin interning at Big Walnut High School in the weight room on Wednesday, January 3rd. Coach Pace will be assisting with different aspects of the Eagle Strength & Fitness program. In addition, he will be completing a curriculum that will help prepare Coach Pace upon graduating from Otterbein University.
The Big Walnut Eagle Strength Philosophy
The philosophy of the Big Walnut High School Strength & Fitness department revolves around three primary goals:
1) Enhance sport performance
2) Reduce the risk of injury
3) Improve the quality of health and well-being
The Big Walnut High School Strength & Fitness program will meet the training needs of the student-athlete and the sport along with the needs of the Big Walnut Athletic Department.
Information for this story was provided by Aaron Rittgers.